The Future of Music
Cofounders of Overview Ark
Anne McKinnon and Roman Rappak are creating Overview Ark, a vibrant music-based ecosystem connecting artists and audiences around the world.
Quick summary of video:
- Travis Scott’s performance in fortnight attracted 27 million people, that’s 54x more people than attended Woodstock. Scott’s performance was recorded weeks before the actual event premiered (Read more about Scott’s performance here).
- Live streaming ≠ virtual concert
- Virtual concerts should be: interactive (move within the space) & social (interact with others at the show)
- The music industry has been declining while the video game industry has been growing tremendously, approx 2.3 billion gamers in the world
- The world is playing 3 billion hours per week on online games. Imagine if one of these hours was spent watching, or virtually attending, an artist's performance.
- Virtual Concerts = Music Industry x Gaming Industry
- Virtual Concerts will not replace real in-person concerts but are a supplemental / additional form of entertainment ex: music videos don’t replace the artists album
Strategy Lead at Spotify
CEO/Founder of Ice Cream for Dinner
a concert promotions, music management, and marketing company.
Partnership Marketing Manager at Primary Wave Entertainment
Toured with country superstar Luke Bryan and has worked with artists including Galantis, Charli XCX, and A$AP Ferg.